What Will Arkansas Medicaid Pay For?
If you, or someone in your care, are on Arkansas Medicaid and require medical supplies, it’s crucial you understand exactly what is and isn’t covered by the program. We know this is easier said than done, though, as government language is not always the easiest stuff to understand.
That’s why we put together this easy-to-follow guide. As one of the largest Arkansas medical supply companies, we’ve been helping patients with their Arkansas Medicaid coverage since 1984. We hope this helps you get your supplies quickly and safely.
If you have full Arkansas Medicaid, then, with a doctor’s prescription, you qualify for $130 worth of incontinence supplies per month (usually 2 cases worth) and/or $250 worth of medical supplies (approximately a month’s worth of urinary catheters, ostomy products, or diabetic testing supplies; for example).
Full Arkansas Medicaid Covers:
- Wound care supplies
- Ostomy supplies
- Diabetic supplies, including gestational
- Urinary supplies: Catheters, leg and bedside bags, etc.
- Bath safety items
- Raised toilet seats
- Incontinence supplies: Diapers, pull-ups, bladder pads for men and women, pads for bed
- Nutritional and tube-feeding supplies (Note: If the patient is under 21 years old, Medicaid requires proof of a well-child exam, or EPSDT, from the child’s Primary Care Doctor, or PCP. If the patient is 21 or older, they must be tube fed)
- Food thickener
- AeroChambers and peak-flow meters
- Tracheostomy supplies
If your child is covered by ARKids First (also known as ARKids B), they qualify, with a doctor’s prescription, for $125 of medical supplies per month. This includes items like diabetic and ostomy supplies, but NOT incontinence pull-ups or diapers, or nutritional formulas.
ARKids First Covers:
- Diabetic Supplies
- Food Thickener
- Ostomy Supplies
- Tracheostomy Supplies
- Urinary Supplies
In some instances, Medicaid will cover the 20-percent copay required of Medicare patients after their expenses have been paid. This type of Medicaid, called Medicaid QMB, does not cover the cost of any medical supplies or incontinence products.
If you have TEFRA, SSI, or “pending” Medicaid in Arkansas, please call our toll free number, 1-888-789-6600, to see if you qualify for medical supplies or adult diapers.